Drop CirclesImportant Notice: This App should work back down to MacOS 10.9, but unfortunately due Mac Apps Store Review i had to raise the minimum OS to 10.12 because their wired Macs cannot run as casual or they are just too much DAUs in using and setting up a MacOS Machine ...
Click any Image to zoom out
Main Features and Behaviour
Drop Circles is a great Application to simply drag and drop Content to perform Actions like
- Open a File
- Launch an Application
- Copy it to here in Finder
- Move it to here in Finder
- open an URL or Link with this Application
- open this Text Snippet with this Application (if supported)
But Drop Circles can do more:
As mentioned above, Drop Circles can act as an Application Launcher
Drop Circles can act also as a temporary Dump for Items for this you dragged in one Application and drop it onto another Application, this works great also in Fullscreen Applications.
E.g.: You are browsing a Website in one Browser, but want to use another one right now, simply drag the URL onto a Circle assigned with your target Browser and you are done, drag an Image from a Website into Drop Circles Drop Area and drop it again onto your Document you are working on when you need it.
Drop Circles listens for your Cursor either on the left or right Side of your Screen and has up to 8 Circles you can freely customise to your needs.
Additional 4 Circles can act as Utility Circles:
- Image Resizer : Drop any Image to fast resiz it.
- Image Meta Data : Drop any Image to get its Meta Data Information
- FTP Upload : Drop any File to auto upload it to an FTP configured in the Settings
- Share It : Drop something to share it on social media or to an other Device using AirDrop
- Translator : Drop some Text to translate it into System Language
- NotAr : Drop some text to create a new Note in Apple Notes
- SleepR : A very basic Sleep Timer for your Mac.
- System Tracker : Displays the CPU or Memory Usage in the Circle
- Network Tracker : Displays Network Usage like Down- / Upload Speeds.
So in total Drop Circles can have up to 12 various Actions for you without messing your Desktop or Dock with additional Items
Drop Circle Settings
You access the Drop Circle Settings from the Menu bar. You see the list of the 8 customizable Circles, their order here appears also as the order of Circles later in the App. Each Circle has these Action Modes:
- - Open App / open dropped Item with this App
- - Move dropped Item to this Destination
- - Copy dropped Item to this Destination
The Drop Area
The Drop Area is a canter place of Drop Circles to simply drop Content into for later reuse. It doesn’t matter if its a Text Snippet, an Image or a File, simply drag something to the Scren adge to expand your Circles and drop it onto the Circle. in the middle, if the drop can be accepted, the Drop Area highlights it with a yellow ring, drop it and you are done.
Later in other applications or even fullscreen Applications, expand your Circles, click on the Drop Area in the middle to reveal your Shelf, from here you can preview it with double-click, delete immediately, pin to remember it or simply drag it out to paste it onto a Document, an Image editing App or simply your Desktop to save it as a File.
The Drop Area is you simply drag/drop Storage Shelf for anything you want to use maybe later somewhere else.
Utility Circles act either as a drop Area or as an Info Circle that display some Infos inside it.
Drop Circles currently has the following Utility Circles:
- - Image Resizer : Drop any Image to fast resize it.
- - Image Meta Data : Drop any Image to get its Meta Data Information
- - FTP Upload : Drop any File to auto upload it to an FTP configured in the Settings
- - Share It : Drop something to share it on social media or to an other Device using AirDrop
- - Translator : Drop some Text to translate it into System Language
- - NotAr : Drop some text to create a new Note in Apple Notes
- - SleepR : A very basic Sleep Timer for your Mac.
- - System Tracker : Displays the CPU or Memory Usage in the Circle
- - Network Tracker : Displays Network Usage like Down- / Upload Speeds.
This Utility becomes so great if you like this, because you can tell Drop Circles to pin this Informations down to your Desktop without affecting any of your doings and does not disturb, but you have all your Interet Traffic right in view, also you can see which Application is causing trffic right now, this Utility HUD can be freely poistioned and resized on you Desktop, once you set it up, double click it to pin it to the Desktop, so you get pretty Level Progress Indicatiors animating the Speed and more